- 1 What is the current Cannonball Run record?
- 2 Who holds the world record for the Cannonball Run?
- 3 How fast can you drive across the United States?
- 4 How much time would it take for each to travel across the United States a distance of about 2800 miles?
- 5 How fast did Richard Rawlings do the Cannonball Run?
- 6 Are Cannonball Runs Illegal?
- 7 How much does it cost to enter the Cannonball Run?
- 8 Is there a real Cannonball Run?
- 9 How much does Cannonball Run cost?
- 10 What is the most dangerous state to drive in?
- 11 What is the longest state to drive through?
- 12 How long would it take to road trip all 50 states?
What is the current Cannonball Run record?
After another six-year gap, Arne Toman, along with co-driver Doug Tabbutt and spotter Berkeley Chadwick, managed to shatter the record by well over an hour, clocking a N.Y. -to-L.A. time of 27 hours 25 minutes.
Who holds the world record for the Cannonball Run?
This time around, Doug Tabbutt, of Twinsburg, Ohio, and Arne Toman, of Chicago, managed the 2,816 mile drive from New York City to Los Angeles in just 25 hours and 39 minutes, setting the new unsanctioned, Cannonball race record.
How fast can you drive across the United States?
It takes about 45 hours, or six 8-hour days, to drive coast-to-coast. You will need to decide if you want to take one of four coast-to-coast interstates or traverse the country as the old-timers did on U.S. highways. If you have about three months to travel, you can even see all 48 continental states.
How much time would it take for each to travel across the United States a distance of about 2800 miles?
The Middle- America Route At slightly over 2,800 miles, you could break down this 40-hour trip into five eight-hour driving days with four overnight stops.
How fast did Richard Rawlings do the Cannonball Run?
He is the current world record holder in the Cannonball Run and was even recognized by Jay Leno for this achievement, having broken the record that stood since 1979. He covered the 2,811 miles from New York to Los Angeles in 31 hours and 59 minutes with an average speed of 87.6 miles per hour.
Are Cannonball Runs Illegal?
Is Cannonball a race? NO, Cannonball is not a race. It is illegal to race or exceed the posted speed limit on public roads. Cannonball is a long distance road rally rooted in adventure and exploration, think of it as the ultimate vacation with your car.
How much does it cost to enter the Cannonball Run?
The cost to participate in the Run is $25,000.00 (Two payments of $12,500.00 USD, one at time of registration and the second payment due 30 days later). By registering for the Run you authorize the above payment when due.
Is there a real Cannonball Run?
The Cannonball Run is an unsanctioned speed record, typically accepted to run from New York City’s Red Ball Garage to the Portofino Hotel in Redondo Beach near Los Angeles, a distance of about 2,800 miles (4,500 km).
How much does Cannonball Run cost?
Cannonball Run 02 registration fee is $20,500 USD for new participants and $19,500 USD for returning Cannonballers which covers one car and two participants. Registration is on a first come first serve basis and spots are limited.
What is the most dangerous state to drive in?
The ten most dangerous states for driving:
- 3) Louisiana (1.53 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles, -67% change since 1975)
- 2) Mississippi (1.63 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles, -57% change since 1975)
- 1) South Carolina (1.83 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles, -54% change since 1975)
What is the longest state to drive through?
So what is the longest point-to-point drive within one state? Well, that’s not too hard. Using the Dalton Highway/North Slope Haul road in Alaska, the answer is…. 1,099 miles.
How long would it take to road trip all 50 states?
Assuming no traffic, this road trip will take about 224 hours ( 9.33 days ) of driving in total, so it’s truly an epic undertaking that will take at least 2-3 months to complete. The best part is that this road trip is designed so that you can start anywhere on the route as long as you follow it from then on.