- 1 How do I renew my bike insurance after it expires?
- 2 What happens when bike insurance expires?
- 3 What if bike insurance is not renewed?
- 4 How do I know if my bike insurance is expired?
- 5 Can we renew bike insurance online after expiry?
- 6 Can bike insurance be renewed online?
- 7 Is online bike insurance safe?
- 8 What happens when insurance expires?
- 9 Is bike insurance mandatory?
- 10 How can I get a duplicate bike insurance?
- 11 How can I check my insurance policy status?
- 12 How can I check my bike loan?
How do I renew my bike insurance after it expires?
The following are the steps for renewing your expired bike insurance policy online:
- Take a quick online quote to know your renewal premium for your expired two wheeler insurance.
- Fill in the required details.
- Make payment online instantly.
What happens when bike insurance expires?
You have to pay a penalty in the form of late payment fine, and if you don’t make that payment on time, your services can be terminated. In the worst case scenario, the company may take legal action against you. The same might happen if you forgot to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy.
What if bike insurance is not renewed?
When you fail to renew bike insurance the policy before the due date, your two-wheeler insurance policy expires. If the policy gets lapsed, your insurer is no more liable to provide any financial assistance or to entertain any of your claims.
How do I know if my bike insurance is expired?
Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways – VAHAN, and enter the bike’s registration number and a few other details to check its insurance status.
Can we renew bike insurance online after expiry?
Your insurer may renew your policy without any penalty if it is only a few days past the due date. Moreover, insurers don’t undertake inspection in cases where you have been trying to pay for the policy before it expired. When renewing your lapsed policy, you can do it online as well as offline.
Can bike insurance be renewed online?
You can choose any mode of online payment to pay the premium amount. Once the payment is done, your two wheeler insurance policy will be renewed.
Is online bike insurance safe?
Safety of online two-wheeler Insurance Buying online two-wheeler insurance is secured. However, customer may be worried because of online transactions but if brought with extra research, it is always safe to buy two-wheeler insurance online.
What happens when insurance expires?
If you fail to renew your motor insurance policy on time, it expires. Once your car insurance policy has expired and therefore your car is fully at risk. If anything happens to your car, you are not liable to receive any kind of cover for the damage caused.
Is bike insurance mandatory?
Under the Motor Vehicles Act, the Government of India has made it mandatory for every bike owner to have an insurance policy. Policies also cover damage to the bike by natural calamities like floods, earthquake, fire, etc.
How can I get a duplicate bike insurance?
How to Get Duplicate Copy of Bike Insurance
- File? an FIR with the police department in your area.
- Send an attested copy of the FIR to your insurance company.
- Apply for a duplicate copy of the insurance policy.
- Publish an advertisement in the local newspaper if required.
- Sign an indemnity bond to indemnify your insurer.
How can I check my insurance policy status?
Check Car Insurance Policy Status Online through VAHAN
- Visit VAHAN e-services and navigate to the tab marked “know your vehicle details” on top of the page.
- Enter the registration number of the car in question and enter the required “code for verification”.
- A “search vehicle” option will appear.
How can I check my bike loan?
Through SMS: The number 97177 52222 is their self-service call number. After giving a call to this number, it instantly gets disconnected. You then immediately receive the details regarding your loan application status on the mobile number listed with the company.