How To Transport Motorcycle By Train?
- 1 How much does it cost to transport bike in train?
- 2 What is the procedure to transport motorcycle by train in India?
- 3 How can I send my bike by train?
- 4 What is the parcel charges in train?
- 5 How do I transport my luggage on a train?
- 6 How do you transport a bike in Vrl?
- 7 Is NOC required for bike transfer in another state?
- 8 How do you parcel a bike on a plane?
- 9 Can I use my bike in another state?
- 10 How can I track my bike parcel in train?
- 11 What is not allowed in train?
- 12 How do I collect a parcel from train?
How much does it cost to transport bike in train?
Bike Parcel Transportation Charges in Indian Railways For example, if the distance of transport is 290 km, and if your bike weighs about 100 KG, you should pay Rs. ✅121.73 as bike parcel charges.
What is the procedure to transport motorcycle by train in India?
Procedure of Bike Transportation in Train as Parcel
- Go to the railway station parcel office with your bike.
- Carry the documents as mentioned above.
- Pack the bike correctly.
- Agents are not official staff of Indian railways.
- Fill the parcel booking form correctly entering engine number and chassis number.
How can I send my bike by train?
Getting it done
- Take your cycle to the railway station 3 hours before departure of the train.
- Find the Parcel Office at the railway station.
- Show your confirmed ticket and book your cycle onto the same train.
- The clerk will record your PNR number, book your cycle and hand you over a receipt for the same.
What is the parcel charges in train?
Parcel Rates Scale – Luggage
|Distance slabs (Kilometres)||81 – 90 Kgs Rs.|
How do I transport my luggage on a train?
Go to the parcel office and present your booking receipt and they will transport your luggage to the platform for you. They will also load your luggage when train is ready. On reaching the destination you would need to “run” to the parcel office and present your receipt and they will then offload your luggage.
How do you transport a bike in Vrl?
- There is NO system to pre-book/block a motorcycle crate ONLINE.
- One DOES NOT need an AGENT to book or transport.
- Call the VRL Logistics Warehouse Office, provide the details of the destination, number of bikes and date of journey to narrow down the loading date and cost of the transport.
Is NOC required for bike transfer in another state?
When you travel from one state to another for a period of more than 1 year or 12 months with your bike, you are required to obtain a NOC from your Regional Transport Office or RTO.
How do you parcel a bike on a plane?
It is perfectly feasible to take your bikes on most airlines, the rules and regulations do vary from carrier to carrier. Most airlines require you to bag or box your bike, very few just allow you to remove the pedals, deflate tyres and turn the handle bars around. Do watch the video on how to box your bike.
Can I use my bike in another state?
The person can use the vehicle for the initial 30 days without any issue by showing that he just moved to that place. If the person is moving permanently to another state then he has to get an NOC from the source state and get the vehicle registered in the new state’s RTO office by paying lifetime road tax.
How can I track my bike parcel in train?
Indian Railway Parcel Tracking The senders could log on to http:// parcel.indianrail.gov.in/ and track the status of their parcels with the help of PPB or PWB numbers. They could get the most updated status of their bookings of parcels through the network of railways.
What is not allowed in train?
Luggage which is not fully and legibly addressed in English or Hindi will not be accepted for booking and carriage by train. Offensive articles, explosive, dangerous, inflammable articles and empty gas cylinders, dead poultry, and game, acids and other corrosive substance are not permitted to be booked as luggage.
How do I collect a parcel from train?
Here is the Step by Step Procedure for Railway Parcel Booking:
- Step 1: Pack the Parcel Properly.
- Step 2: Book the Parcel & Collect the Railway Parcel Booking Charges Receipt.
- Step 3: Tracking of the Parcels Sent Through Indian Railways.
- Step 4: Collection of Railway Parcels.